Monday, June 14, 2010

Green Smoothies with Dad






This is a typical day in our house. Isaiah LOVES to be outside and the minute he wakes up he is handing me his shoes. That makes for pretty early 7 am, backyard hangouts. Lately since it has been warm we have been hanging out on the back porch eating. This is breakfast, green smoothies. I finally found a cup that works really well for kids drinking green smoothies. I have bought a couple, and the smoothie is too thick to go through the straw. I finally found this one at Shop ko, of all places. It has a wide straw and a top that doesn't come off easily. Up until this point I would just give Isaiah sips of mine, resulting a huge adorable green mustache, and not so adorable a green mess all over my shirt.
Anyway, enough about my new find. I wanted to make an early fathers day post. A little tribute to such an amazing dad. As you can see Isaiah loves hanging out with his dad, mom is not near as cool as dad in most cases, unless I am cooking and he is hungry. It is so fun to watch Scotty as a dad. You never know what sides are going to come out in you as a parent. Scottie's tender side has really come out, it is so cute to watch him rock Isaiah to sleep, and try to console him when the world is coming to an end because you took his favorite lawn mower away from him. Yes you heard me, Isaiah's favorite toy in the world is a plastic lawn mower that we have to take everywhere with us. Another side of Scotty that has come out is the little kid in him. He loves to wrestle around and play with Isaiah. Whenever I see Scottie's coming home from work, I will tell Isaiah papas coming, to which he immediately responds by crawling up on the top of the couch and to look out the window that faces the street. When he sees Scotty walking up he will usually yell papa, and jump down from the couch and run to the back door where Scotty comes in. It is always a blessing when Scotty comes home, for mommy and Isaiah.
And the last side that has come out in Scotty is his manly side. Well that has always been there but it is so fun to watch the two of them work on projects together. Isaiah insists on "helping" him screw in the bolts, or whatever manly thing they are working on. I think he is going to be a handy man like his dad, because he watches and mimics everything he does. If Scotty screws in something, he will take the screw driver and try right after him, it is so funny.
Wow that was a long post, I am used to waking up and running in the morning, and wake up automatically at six, so I have a lot of time on my hands right now,it is kind of nice to catch up.

No comments: