Friday, June 4, 2010

Fun at the Cabin



I love watching my Dad with Isaiah. I am so grateful to have a Dad that is still a kid at heart. This weekend we went to my Grandpa's cabin. I really shouldn't call it a cabin, because it is three stories, six bedrooms, and has a hot tub. My grandpa recently bought it through his work as a company cabin. Generous as they are they let us use it, it is becoming a family tradition that I love. This weekend compromised of lots of good food, games when the kids were in bed, hot tubbing, steep trail runs, Thomas the train, and lots of laughs. It is so nice to get away with the family and have time to just hang out.

Here we are on a little hike, right down the road from the cabin.
This is Matt, my brother in law, Christy, my sister in law, such a trooper, trekking down the steep hill pregnant. Zachy her son, and me and Isaiah. I know you were probably thinking that must be some famous person behind those big sun glasses.
Little kids find so much joy in the smallest things. What a good reminder to enjoy the little things.

Riding Thomas the train with grandpa. Isaiah was so funny, he kept waving out the window and yelling bye bye. He loved it.
Here he is not loving, getting taken back to the cabin. He wanted to stay and throw rocks for another few hours at least.
Zachary helping Isaiah walk up the steep hills. He is the best cousin, he is always looking out for him. Isaiah is lucky to have so many fun boy cousins. I think they are going to have a lot of fun when they get older.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Coleen Ure said...

Hey Des, cute pictures! Your baby is getting so big!! How are you? We need to get together again soon. I love hanging out with you. You are an awesome friend I love you!!