Saturday, May 8, 2010

Greatful To Be a Mama



Isaiah love limes. It is so funny, he always motions for them, and without fail after he tastes it he puckers up, and pulls a face, and then we laugh at him. But he keeps right on eating them.
The other day was rough. Isaiah had three canines coming in, and for the past week it was grumpy city. I can't blame him, teeth ripping through gums, would make me a grumpster to. After a couple of hard mom days (at first I didn't know that he had teeth coming in and I couldn't figure out what was wrong.) I prayed that the Lord would help me with my role as a mother, nuturing and patience specifically. I had the most amazing experience. I walked in his room the next morning, and a powerful feeling came over me just how lucky I was to raise him. I felt the Lord's love for him, and that the Lord had given me the opportunity to learn from him as well as raise him. It made me realize yet again how amazing it is to be a mom. We have the opportunity to strech our characters becoming day by day more like the Saviour. Some days are crazier than others, but it keeps life interesting and ALWAYS entertaining. I heard a quote saying how children laugh three times as much as adults do. In my head I was thinking those adults aren't moms.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mike and Leslie said...

Desi,
Your little guy is so cute! How adorable. I love reading your blog...We need to get together again and do dinner. That was a lot of fun. What is this Cafe Fresh that you are doing?

Mel said...

thanks for the recipe post! we'll have to try it out! that's so funny about the limes! too cute! kids make you laugh!