Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Running in the buff

Today I was looking at my little boy and I had an overwhelming feeling of gratefulness to be a mom come over me. He is so small and sweet. I was looking at his little sticky hand prints on the window and a quote I have hanging up came to me, it says, "enjoy the little things in life for one day you will look back and realize they are the big things." I feel so lucky to be his mom, watching him grow, and learn He is my little bud, making me laugh constantly.
The other day was no exception. We were coming home from the pool so I stripped Isaiah down, and put a clean diaper on him for the way home. While I was loading everything in the house, I let Isaiah run around in the backyard. When I came back out to grab him he was totally buck naked, digging in the sandbox. I found out later that while he was running around naked as a jay bird he tapped on my renters window to say hi, she looked up to see a little boy in the buff squatting in front of her window. We had a good laugh.
Summer has felt like a familiar friend returning home. I love the warm nights, and carefree days. It is so fun to play outside, go to the pool, eat watermelon on the back porch, bike up the canyon, and go for long runs without snow on the ground! Being a mom in the summer is way cooler than being a mom in the winter. Isaiah is learning to say a few words and by far truck is his favorite. He loves to spot them, you would be shocked how many trucks there are in this world. Today we were reading a book and it had a picture of a truck in it. The story stopped there, we had to look at the truck picture for a good five minutes. After the book, I tried to put him down for a nap after and put the book away, but he wasn't having it. He kept yelling for the truck, so I propped the book up next to his crib with the picture of the truck open. He was content to go to sleep after that. Being a mom is the best job. I hope I can remember these precious little moments that make my heart smile. Time goes by so fast, and I think I am ready to add another little bundle of joy to the mix. My running friend told me she is pregnant today. She inspired me to stay running when I get pregnant. She is still running so fast! We did speed work outs today and she was leading us with a 5:40 pace for the minute pickups. It made me realize that I can still run and maybe even race pregnant. Obviously not fast, but I can still not totally loose all of my endurance and lungs. I think I am going to train for the Xterra race in September, it is a mountain bike, trail run, lake swim triathlon. Unless a little bambino changes the plans, which I would change happily.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Really a 5:40 time. Unreal. You ladies are really amazing. So since you are an amazing runner and your endurance is so unreal, you need to watch this show. "I Shouldn't Be Alive" it's on Animal Planet. You need to watch the one about the extreme athlete runner who fell 60 feet while running in Moab. It's unreal what she did. Jared and I stumbled upon it late last night! Unreal. Anyways, I hope for you another little bambino comes your way! That's exciting to even think about (for you that is!) :)

Jenni said...

Love this post! Those little ones are so wonderful!!! I like a quote that says "Being a mom is the hardest job you will ever love." So true, and you'll understand it even better as you add a second baby to your family. Keep us posted!!!

Whitneymwall said...

Fun! Isaiah is so cute! You are one fantastic Mom to the moose and you're going to be a great momma to two little bambino's! Isn't motherhood wonderful?