Saturday, October 11, 2008

Kai has arrived!!!!

Here is the moment our lives changed forever on ALL levels!!  Who would have known you could love someone so much that you just met.  I don't think life will ever be the same, bieng a mama is nothing short of amazing.  The little moose came after a fast and furious labor of four hours.  Lucky for us my water broke so that I didn't have him at home.  I never thought I would be a groaner and noise maker during labor, I saw a woman doing that on a birth video and it freaked me out, I promised I wouldnt do that.  Needless, to say my throat was sore after giving birth I made so much noise.  I dilated from a 2 to a 10 in under an hour so I guess that is all I could do to keep some sort of sanity.  It was all worth it though when our little package came 7 pounds one ounce and ninteen inches.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Des I am so excited for you guys, I was wondering if that little rascal had shown up yet, I keep meaning to ask Steph when I talk to her but I keep forgetting!
Congrats!

BeckyRuss said...

Dez--It's the Beckaloosk here telling you congrats on having the baby!! How exciting--you are a mom!! E-mail me your address so I can give you access to my blog and we can be blog buddies. I also have a little boy too--he just turned six months old. Crazy how life goes so fast. I feel like I was just driving up the canyon with you to go snowboarding. Miss you lots Dez!
My e-mail is beckymcillece@hotmail.com

Johnsons said...

My fav cuz Dez-
Congrats to you and Scotty on your new little babe, Kai. Baby's are so precious. You will have to post some more pictures so I can see him better, he looks like a cutie though. It is so fun to see you as a Mom. I can't wait to meet your new addition in December. We will have to make a definite get together plan. I love you and I am so excited for you and Scott. Sorry I have not returned your phone call, I will this week...I promise.